|8/16/2019 2:23:00 PM|
Make changes to ADRC bus
To Iowa County Citizens:
You live in Iowa County, pay taxes to Iowa County, therefore, you help support the ADRC bus. Things have been getting iffy about its use. The first bus was purchased when it was COAman ADRC for the benefit of all Iowa County Senior Citizens, if they can or will ride it or not. Now ADRC owns two buses but the larger one is unoperable. The smaller one has issues. If they replace the larger one, they want a yet smaller one than what we have. It has things to be considered.
1. It rides like a lumber wagon, noisy, no springs.
2. Has only one heater that is cold in 0° weather.
3. Most of the seats are too small with no room for our feet.
4. If there's one wheelchair, there's not enough room to park walkers.
5. If extra items are bought, there's no place to keep them. Many go to get extras.
6. We had two walkers parked and it left no room for our feet.
7. The lift does not always work.
8. They will not let the bus shop in Iowa County - we must use the taxi.
9. It is limited to three certain days of the week.
10. It seldom will pick up people out of city limits.
11. Forget rural people that don't drive.
12. We can not choose to stop where we please.
Why not go with the bus Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the taxi on Tuesday and Thursday? And a bigger bus.
No place to put anything on that small bus because my walker has to be put or tied to the lift and wheelchair and you can't get in or out of the bus.
With walkers or three at one time, there's not getting around on the small bus. You are not to fold any one of them up because it's unlawful. I talked to two cops.
Article Comment Submission Form